So today I will be featuring Margo and Adalyn, my protags from my November NaNo novel, Inventions, Dragons, and Hot Air Balloons.
- What’s their favorite place they’ve ever visited? Margo’s favorite place is the small village atop the highest mountain in the kingdom, where it’s quiet and peaceful and she can work undisturbed. Adalyn loves everything about the new world they discover, it’s her new favorite place. Before, it was the forest that seemed to be overflowing with magic.
- What’s one mistake they made that they learned from? For Adalyn it was that time she ran away for a stupid reason and the whole kingdom was in an uproar to find her, terrible things happened that day, including the death of Margo’s sister. For Margo, it was that time she was playing with fire and sorta, kinda almost blew up the house. At least, that’s the only one she’ll admit to.
- What was their favorite subject in school? Or favorite thing to learn about? Margo loves to learn about anything and everything, but especially science and mechanics. Adalyn hates school. She likes her combat lessons though.
- What’s their favorite flower/growing thing? Margo likes the small blue flowers that grew outside her old house, they looked nice and could also be used in explosions. She likes useful things. Adalyn can’t tell the difference between any flowers or trees, doesn’t really care.
- Have they ever made someone cry? What happened? They make each other cry sometimes, saying hurtful things. But that’s about it. They both don’t have much interaction with other people their ages.
- Would you consider them a reliable or unreliable narrator? Reliable. At least in book 1.
- What do they dream about at night? Margo dreams of the grandest inventions, and of winning a coveted spot in the inventors guild. Adalyn dreams of dragons and adventure but mostly dragons.
- They’ve gone out for a “special meal.” What would they eat? They live in a magical kingdom. Margo considers anything that isn’t dried meat and stale bread “special” while Adalyn loves anytime they get to eat outside the castle which isn’t often.
- Do they have any distinguishing or unique talents? Margo is an inventor, or she’s trying to be one anyway. She’s also the youngest aeronaut in the kingdom. Adalyn has lots of talents — really, she does! She just…keeps them quiet. And most include dragons.
- What’s at least one thing they want to do before they die? Both: Find a dragon.