Beautiful People is a meme created by Sky @ Further Up and Further In and Cait @ Paper Fury. A monthly meme for writers to share all about their characters! It’s super fun, find out all about it here.
Sooo. This might be weird because I’m featuring a character I’ve never featured before, from a brand new plot bunny currently titled Pocket Magician. I’m intending to write this novel in November for NaNo but I’m obsessed with it so I thought it would be fun to use this to learn more about my new MC! The thing is… I know a lot about this MC already, his personality, his character ARC, all the important things! But… I haven’t named him yet? I can’t find the perfect name! I’m working on it… So here’s my untitled MC from Pocket Magician! (he is the pocket magician, btw)
1. What are they addicted to/can’t live without? Coffee. This is one thing MC and I have in common. Also sweets. He’s constantly stealing them. Barely eats real food, it’s terrible.
2. Name 3 positive and 3 negative qualities about your character. He’s very caring and kind and gets along with practically everyone. But sometimes he’s too flighty and he is not good at making decisions which is bad because of his position. He’s quick to anger and holds grudges forever, sometimes to the point where it endangers his friends.
3. Are they holding onto something they should get rid of? Yes. Emotionally he’s holding onto feelings he should get rid of. But also, a pocket watch from an ex. It’s a whole thing.
4. If 10 is completely organized and 1 is completely messy, where do they fall on the scale? Is 0 an option? People really hate him for how messy he is. He’s supposed to be running the crew but he’s a bumbling filthy street urchin — as Milo, his best friend (whom I managed to name!), would say.
5. What most frustrates them about the world they live in? Everything? Everything. But especially the way low magicians are treated and looked down on and the way orphans are treated (it’s terrible, it angers him greatly. Makes him kind of stabby)
6. How would they dress for a night out? How would they dress for a night in? MC has got style, okay. He’s all about fancy fitted suits (which he may or may not force someone to make for him because any money he has is used to feed the crew, it’s okay, the tailor doesn’t really mind! She just loves having someone with such good taste to make clothes for!). So for a night out, he’d pull out all the stops, okay. Fancy suit (in a bright color), pointy shoes, fancy masquerade mask (this is something he wears in the first scene, meeting up with his secret love interest). But, for a night in, like if he has no one to impress it makes him sad. So he’d just mope around in sweat pants.
7. How many shoes do they own, and what kind? Lots. Lots and lots of shoes. Shoes with fancy buckles. Boots. Loafers. Just all the shoes.
8. Do they have any pets? What pet do they WISH they had? He greatly wishes he had a small pet dragon that would fit in his pocket. Alas, he does not. and they don’t exist. It saddens him greatly. He DOES have a small lizard. He wishes the lizard were a dragon. It’s terribly disappointing.
9. Is there something or someone that they resent? Why and what happened? Oh yeah. Lots of people. He resents anyone with money. He resents his love interest a little because of who he is. He resents his ex who became a killer. There’s really not many people or things he doesn’t resent. He tries to deal with this in a healthy way. And it’s for reasons. Complicated ones. 😂
10. What’s usually in their fridge or pantry? Not much. He mostly nicks what he eats. The food they manage to buy is for the rest of the crew.
And there you have it, the first bits about my unnamed MC. I learned a lot about him writing this just now but still no name. So do link me your posts and tell me about what you’re currently working on and, if you happen to have suggestions for names I would love you for that! happy writing! ❤